Over the years, Wolves have been involved in a number of abandoned fixtures. The first league match to end early came at home against Everton on 18 November 1893. Snow ended play at half-time with Wolves two down. Wolves won the re-match 16 days later, 2-0. On 29 December 1894 Wolves traveled to Staffordshire rivals, Stoke, and just on kick-off a snow storm fell on an already snow covered Victoria Ground. The match kicked off in dreadful conditions and despite the best efforts of the players, lasted just four minutes. The Express & Star stated that 30 minutes after the players had left the field the sun came out and the pitch was playable. By this time though, the players had changed and the crowd of just 350 had gone on their way. The re-arranged fixture ended goalless. Wolves faced Liverpool at home on 14 March 1903, and just five minutes into the second half heavy rain made an already sodden Molineux unplayable. Wolves were 2-0 down and, again lost the re-arranged fixture 2-0. Leeds United on 12 December 1936 was the next Wolves match that failed to last 90 minutes. Wolves were leading with a goal through George Ashall, despite having goalkeeper Alex Scott sent off. The match ended nine minutes from time due to a heavy snow storm. Wolves won the re-arranged fixture 1-0, thanks to a goal from Bill Morris. New Years Day 1961 saw Wolves travel to Blackpool. Although the players ‘gave it a go’ the match lasted just nine minutes due to a very thick sea fog. Wolves were thrashed in the re-arranged fixture 5-2. Boxing Day 1962 saw Wolves last first team fixture abandoned. This time against Black Country rivals West Bromwich Albion. A heavy rainstorm brought this game to an early end, with Wolves leading 2-0, thanks to goals from Chris Crowe and Alan Hinton. Justice was served, as Wolves won the re-arranged fixture 7-0. Two reserves matches have been abandoned somewhat bizarrely! The first saw Wolves travel to North Wales for a Birmingham & District League fixture at Wrexham on Christmas Eve 1910. The match was abandoned after the goalpost snapped at the socket, with the score at 1-1 (Enoch Deakin scored for Wolves). Wolves lost the re-arranged fixture 5-1. On 12 November 1912 Wolves traveled to St. Andrews, the home of Birmingham, to face Birmingham City Trams for a Birmingham Senior Cup re-play. The match went into extra time, and as darkness started to enshroud the environs of Bordesley Green Wolves took the lead with five minutes to go. The game was then abandoned due to a lost ball (apparently the only one available). It is said that one of the spectators ran away with it!